Tuesday, November 2, 2010

"Love is meant to be an adventure!" Gordon B. Hinckley

Sean and I decided to create this blog to display the adventures of our marriage. We love the quote by Gordon B. Hinckley who said, "love is meant to be an adventure!" Ha ha...our love has been nothing but an adventure! It started two and a half years ago when Sean and I went on our first date. And let me tell you, it is a great story worth retelling! Under our posts, I have listed "our realistic fairytale."  It is our epic (I love being dramatic when I write...and in person hehehe) story from my point of view.  If you remembered anything about us dating, I would LOVE it if you would post some memories on this blog. 

If you desire to read our whole story, skip the rest of this post.

The short synopsis is after 6 months of dating, one of the most joyous texts Sean has probably ever received came at 6:30 A.M. on December 4th, when his sweet love stated, "Sean, I love you, and I want to marry you. Ask me to marry you, and I will say yes." That night we cuddled and once again I affirmed my desire to marry him.

Unexpectedly, Sean had purchased my ring during the middle of finals week. On December 13th, 2008, Sean sent me on a scavenger hunt. The clues were extremely cheesy and written on torn pieces of scrap paper and old receipts. I grudgingly followed his lame clues that lead me to a clue of a scripture. After uncoding the scripture I went out into the back yard to a playhouse that my father had built me when I was a child. He placed his coat on me, and in a big box was a jewlery box. I was SHOCKED! I planned on him proposing on Christmas due to all the little info leaks he had been leading.  He knelt on one knee and asked me to be his forever.  I didn't exactly say yes at first, but after looking at the ring several times I said, "okay." 




The day after our engagement on December 14, 2008, I wrote the following:

"I never believed I'd fall for Sean Willardson. However, I fell so fast that I didn't even realize I was falling. On many occasions I found myself on cloud 9. But overall I found myself wanting to be more and more with Sean because he was my best friend. His charitable love for people, for his family, and for me has allowed me to look upon the heart of this young David. As the months have passed and our relationship has grown, with his help I have defeated many Goliaths. His dedication, faith, and determination will allow us to move mountains. I am forever blessed to have him for forever."

Here are some of Sean's words:
"Anne has been a true inspiration to becoming a better person.  She has, and continues to have, a profound effect on my life.  She is full of intellect and works hard to maintain a positive view on life.  I love how she plays with children as if she is a child herself.  She has such a beautiful purity of soul.  Her attitude towards life is a reflection of God's love for his children.   I love her with all my heart and soul."


We've been married now for eighteen months and seventeen days!

And we have never been happier on this our eternal adventure of love. :D

4 comments:

  1. Welcome to the world of blogging, JAM.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude! I didn't know you had a blog! Now we can be blogging buddies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anne, I Love You!! You made such an awesome, amazing dinner! I LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your cute little love story! At least you didn't make him propose more than once! I will never live that down and we still can't agree on how many times he actually proposed! :-) I am so happy that we both eventually gave in and married these two amazing guys! I also appreciate that someone else can relate to being unsure about the whole experience! Not many people understand that! I love you two!

    ReplyDelete