Wednesday, November 10, 2010

An adventure for sure!

I also wanted to post some of my thoughts today about my wonderful life.  When I was young, my mom used to say, "It's ok to be spoiled, but it is not ok to act or smell spoiled."

I've remembered that quote for years.  Well, I was spoiled throughout childhood and I continue to be spoiled. 

Together, Sean and I have had some very rough times.  Our rough times haven't been nearly as hard as others, but we've cried together on several occasions.  However, Heavenly Father always manages to suprise us with something better than what we imagined.  After we were first married we lived in the back apartment of my father's parent's home.  My grandma said she'd never let anyone live back there again because no one stayed there long enough.  I begged her and promised we'd stay for a year.

We moved all of our stuff the day before our wedding.  After it was all there, we realized how small our place was.  The fridge was in our bedroom, and the oven was only half size.  Sean and I couldn't both fit in the bathroom at once unless if one of us was in the tub.  There was two tiny closets that only fit half our clothes.  It was such a good memory.  We loved it there.  However, the space was tight and we were ready for something larger and more convient for me while I worked night shift.

We began looking for houses 7 months after we were married.  Sean was in the Young Men's Stake Presidency and so we decided to get something close by so we could keep our callings and still be near my grandparent's home.  Long story short was that we found the house of our dreams... (well the house of our newly-wed dreams). 

Our home!

After signing the contract in December, we got all our paperwork together to close on the house in January.  After two long months we learned that another couple beat us to the punch.  We were devastated.  We didn't understand.  However, the couple were not able to pay for the house which put us back up to bat.  Another problem arose, Keybank said we had the good credit scores and finances, but we didn't have a long standing credit.  We were shut down again.  Bummed, Sean began searching for solutions.  He discovered through the Corporation Developement Community a program that didn't require long standing credit, we just had to be poor enough.  We barely met the requirements and were set to close on the house.  Just a couple days before closing, Sean was blessed with the job he has now.  God provided us with the means to be were we were supposed to be when we were supposed to be there.  

Again and again, God continues to bless us.  Time after time He gives us more than enough. 

This week He gave Sean a better job that will allow me to one day move to a PRN nurse, allow us to start a family, and allow me to be a stay at home mom in our beautiful home of adventures.

1 comment:

  1. Your house is so cute! The yard looks way nice too!

    ReplyDelete