Sunday, May 25, 2014

Peas in a Pod

I can hardly believe how big William is. When he is standing straight, he comes up to my belly! He is so cute and I am so proud of him. He has learned so much in the last year, it is crazy! He knows several words. We can ask him where something is in a book and he will point at the subject. He is also learning how to talk more. One funny thing is that he often ends his sentences referring to himself. Although I don't think he realizes that is what he is doing. For example he will say, "go bye-bye Weeam" (he doesn't quite know how to pronounce his name). He also loves to yell for mommy when he wants something. The other day he was sitting at the dinner table eating dinner. Sean and I had finished so we were sitting on the couch. He would stand tall on the kitchen chair and yell, "MOMMY! MOMMY! I WANT CHICKEN!" Even though he was eating something like a hot dog. We just laughed and said okay. Sean's mom died on April 28th, 2014. It was a very bad day. I will have to write about the details of that day later. But William put a smile on our faces when we were in the drive-in for In-and-Out Burger. William suddenly decided to tell us what he wanted for dinner. He randomly yelled emphatically from the back seat, "I WANT CHICKEN!" It made us have a little bit of laughter on a very difficult day. We decided that would have been a hilarious commercial for Chick-Fil-A. William's laughter is infectious. I love listening to him laugh. I can hardly believe it has been almost 2 years since he was born. Today he learned how to go down the big slide at the park going on his belly. He could also climb the difficult different obstacles with Sean keeping him safe. He loves Mickey Mouse and Curious George. In the mornings he doesn't really know what he wants so he just says, "I want to watch Mickey George."

I have been really sick recently due to pregnancy. Today I am 11 weeks and 2 days. Almost done with the first trimester. I took William with me to the doctor's office this week. I kept telling him if he would be good that we would go to the park. Unfortunately that backfired because he just kept asking over and over again if we could go to the park. The nurse saw my desperation and had the doctor come see me immediately. William sat on the chair as the doctor pulled out the doppler to listen to baby Willardson's heart beat. He didn't have any trouble finding it. The heart beat was like music to my ears. I got emotional as I heard that heart steady and strong. Immediately William shouted, "heart!" I laughed. I didn't know the doctor understood him but he did. He was shocked and said, "that is a smart 2-year-old. I replied, "he is not two yet, and his mother is a nurse." I was so proud of my little guy. He knew his baby sibling. I can't wait for them to meet.

We are trying to teach him about babies and that a baby is growing in mommy's tummy. We gave him a glow worm for his first birthday and recently we started telling him it was his baby. He loves his little baby and loves giving it kisses. Sometimes it is embarrassing because he gets a little bit carried away kissing the baby. I believe he has learned that from watching his parents.

William is very independent. He likes to do everything by himself. He also likes to copycat everything that we do. Whether it is brushing teeth, coughing, vacuuming, telling the dog to sit, or making dinner. He just likes to be just like us. I find this as an honor and also as a fear. I want him to be William. And parts of me are scared he will pick up on our bad habits. I'm trying to find the motivation to be a better mom. Since I have been so sick it has been hard on me to interact with William. I feel like I am becoming distant from him, especially from me working full-time. I am excited to take him with me to Bear Lake for several days next week were we can do some more bonding. I truly love him so much.

I can also hardly believe we are going to be having another child. It is frightening and a dream come true all at the same time. We got the amazing news this week that Sean got into the Accounting program. I am so proud of him. He has worked so hard for this, and has had to pull through his last semester during finals despite the loss of his mom. As for the baby, Sean and I are both kind of thinking it is a girl but we both don't want to get our hopes up. We honestly will be excited with whatever it is. We just want a healthy baby. I am terrified of having to go through the NICU experience again. I am just praying that all will go well with this child.

Pamela still hasn't given birth yet. She is overwhelmed and ready to go anytime. Her due date is on Sean's Birthday and Father's day. I am excited for her to welcome a little boy in her family. I also pray that everything will go well with her. Maddie and William are wonderful friends. They love playing and screaming together. Earlier this year at a family party, they would keep escaping together and we would find them hiding in various places of my mom's house, including in the crib in the play room and the downstairs bedroom closet. They are absolutely adorable together.

William has also loved his grandmas. He actually calls them grandmer. He loves to get treats from Grandmer Major during church. He also points at her house as we pass by and asks if he can go to grandmer's house. That reminds me, most of the time he is very proper and uses please and thank-you. He still struggles with temper tantrums but he is getting better. He favorite things to play with are balls and any sort of car or truck. He also loves playing with his big sister Fiona.

Until next time!

Anne Willardson
5/25/14


No comments:

Post a Comment