Tuesday, October 1, 2013

It IS the Best of Times

We have absolutely love being parents! Everything about parenting has been such a joy and adventure. Well, perhaps not always a joy but certainly an adventure. William began walking at 8 and a half months and his mental and physical development have continued to wow me and Sean. He is developmentally more close to the age of 18 months. He says several words and even says small sentences, "go bye-bye." And also "no, don't". He can follow simple commands such as, "put that back in the garbage." He also comes when we call for him (I promise we treat our dog like our child, so treating our child like a dog isn't so bad...right?). He loves to grab a book and bring it to us saying enthusiastically "book!" and he makes a strong pronunciation of the k.

He climbs up anything and everything. He loves going to the park and at just 14 months old, he could go up the play gym steps, across the bouncy bridge, up some more steps, and then would sit down and go down the big slide all by himself.







 He also absolutely loves Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. Every morning at 9:00AM he runs to the TV as        M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E begins. The other morning I had the Netflix screen on the TV with multiple pictures of different shows and William walked straight up to the TV and pointed to Mickey Mouse. I wondered if it was just chance, so I moved Mickey to another part of the TV and he found the picture again and pointed to it. He sure loves Mickey. This morning the TV wasn't on so he found the remote and tried to turn it on himself. He also loves to talk on the phone or on the vacuum extension part or anything that fits a phone's description. He knows how to plug and unplug just about anything. His vocabulary is rapidly expanding but he still says "mommy" when he is upset. Although our house looks like it has indoor weather patterns (such as twisters and raindrops from sippy cups or downpours from the water dispenser from the fridge), we wouldn't trade our guy for anything. 

Sean and I have enjoyed spending more time together since he has been home as a stay-at-home parent. School is going extremely well for him since he has been able to focus more on studying. We are hopeful that he will graduate Spring of 2015. After graduation, 2 more semesters for his MACC (Masters of Accounting) and then I hope to return to school to become a Nurse Practitioner. 

In the meanwhile we are hoping to begin our infertility journey #2. We have been unsuccessful with pregnancy the last year and so we decided to try medication again. When I am sick of seeing negative pregnancy tests, we will reopen our adoption file at LDS family services. It is amazing how Heavenly Father can heal a heart. We have been much more hopeful and at peace with our infertility. I know William is one in a million, but we have faith that we can have another one miracle (that includes through adoption). 

I am so grateful for the examples I have in my life. Two weeks ago, I was able to go with my sister and her spouse to take my niece up to BYU-Idaho for her first semester of college. My sweet sister, Rachelle, was recently diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis. I watched as she and her sweet husband, Paul, lovingly cared for their oldest child. I enjoyed how after more than 20 years of marriage, the respect and love they had for each other was astounding. I look up to them in so many different ways. 

Love these girls!

My Nursing Class Picture hanging in the halls at BYU-Idaho!

Sadie's new college room!

The bridge between the library and MC! Look at the new landscaping!

Cute family!

Saw this onesie at BYU-Idaho. Hahaha. I hope to buy one for our next baby.
I also had the privilege of hanging out with my best friend, Aimee Smoot Perkins. She lives in Idaho Falls and randomly texted me while I was in Rexburg. I called her and told her where I was and she came and picked me up to take me back to her apartment. We had a blast. I never get over how we won't talk or see each other for months, yet our friendship never dies. We always just pick up where we left off. I loved seeing her in her home with her children and enjoyed her company as I just accompanied her family from one event to the next including a dinner with the Elders Quorum presidency (and their families) and her girl's night. It was oddly hard to say good-bye. I wished we lived closer. 

We spent the second night with my aunt Carol in Pocatello, Idaho. I enjoyed many great flashbacks of memories while visiting with her in her home. We arrived past 10PM and as soon as we walked in the door, Carol asked if we were hungry. We were very hungry. All the sudden she had a full buffet on the kitchen table, including cut veggies, fruit, cheese, meat and all the fixings for a yummy sandwich. And sitting on the side of the table was a loaf of gluten-free bread. I grinned from ear to ear. I haven't visited in over 2 years, yet she remembered. And then she pulled out a carton of almond milk. I just laughed. She remembered my allergies and had gone shopping even though she didn't know we were coming until the day before. I just loved feeling the Spirit in her home. Below is a picture of the mirror in her bathroom. I love the quotes she reads and lives daily. 


Me and aunt Carol



William was so exhausted from our vacation that he tripped on Paul's foot and landed on the floor next to the garbage with his blanket. He decided he was so comfy there, he was just going to stay right where he was. He slept a good portion of the way back to Utah. 


It was an awesome vacation! 

Pamela and John came over Friday to our ward party and then stopped by at our house for a game night. We turned on Micky Mouse for the kids and enjoyed playing a game of Catan. We found Madelyn and William talking to one another. At one point William was crying and Maddie said, "It's okay Weeiam, don't cry." It was so cute!
Maddie resting her head on the shoulder of her best bud.


Before they left I was telling Pamela a story about Madelyn and Pamela pointed to her and said, "that's my little girl." Without hesitation Maddie pointed back and said, "and that's my mommy!" I absolutely love the time I get to spend with the Colby Clan. I am so grateful that they live close enough for us to spend time together all the time.

I also got the joy of going to the General Relief Society Meeting at the Conference Center with my mom, mys sisters, and my two aunts. I didn't get a picture, but my aunt Carol did so I'm hoping to get a hold of it one day. We had a blast going to Olive Garden and laughing over dinner. I admire those women more then they will ever ever know. Conference was amazing and I cried as the choir of Sister Missionaries sang "As Sisters In Zion." There is something about sitting in a place with thousands of women and feeling their love for each other and of God. I didn't want to leave.

Our journey as a married couple has had many great adventures. Our journey has also had many disappointments, heartaches, and hard work, but we continue move forward with faith and joy!

Well, that is about it. Life is good. 



No comments:

Post a Comment