Friday, May 6, 2011

A Chug and a Clunk...

Chug chug chug, CLUNK! Dead.  Chug, chug, buzzzzzzz, CLUNK! Dead. 


These are the noises that birthed my frustration...
Seven months was WAY overdue!!!

Our entire yard had weeds and grass grown 14 inches tall!
Our mighty kingdom was overthrown by weeds.  They murdered the King lawnmower, and began a war between nature and nurture (Darwin would be happy).
We, "the survivors," were ready for a fight.  After purchasing new artillery from the manufacturers of RC Willey, the battle got bloody.  The weeds stood tall and shameless. Again and again, they'd kill the engine (luckily the machine had 129 lives).  But with my might of steel and the strength of an ox, I'd force that baby back to life (I'd be a good solider).  The mower would chug, and I would puff.  The mower would puff, and I would pout.  My hands began to blister.  Every foot of progress, I had to lift the mower and let it spit out the dead.  My thumbs began to bleed (I told you it was bloody).

 
And just when I ran out of strength,
the reinforcements arrived...(AKA Sean)






Sean came out to finish the battle.  Patches of enemies remained, but they were no match for the mean, red, chopping machine (both Sean and mower).   I stayed behind enemy lines to document yet another adventure of our lives.


It is not the greatest lookin' back yard, but it works.  And hey, it's no longer a jungle.

The parable of this post...
  Restart, try, restart, try, and restart again...do your best and He'll help you finish the rest.


No comments:

Post a Comment